What's your current pool temp?

88 degrees a little chilly for me so I cranked on the solar and set to 91 degrees :cheers:

I used to like it at 88 in the summer but now I'm spoiled and keeping it above 90.
I run the pump/solar/SWG in the AM to about 3, the solar usually shuts off (set at 92) the pool will still go up a degree or 2 by 5PM, then I may run the pump/solar an extra hour to warm it up if I'm planning on going swimming at night, or just to make it warmer in the morning.

I used to like it at 88 in the summer but now I'm spoiled and keeping it above 90.
I run the pump/solar/SWG in the AM to about 3, the solar usually shuts off (set at 92) the pool will still go up a degree or 2 by 5PM, then I may run the pump/solar an extra hour to warm it up if I'm planning on going swimming at night, or just to make it warmer in the morning.
Fully agree with you. It must be hard for all our TFP friends who live up north to understand this concept:cheers: Most of them can’t even swim in their pools till July ?

Ok i'm up to 84 now and will maintain the same temp through day and night if i leave the cover open. Found that closing cover at night and open during the day raises by about 1.5 deg per day. Wife wants it at 88-90 but i refuse to swim in bath water. I'll probably leave it open overnights now to keep the temp steady.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I shut my solar heater off two weeks ago, as the sun shining on the pool is enough to warm it to 94 degrees or more. But three fourths of the year the solar system comes on as the Sun is lower behind the trees, and putting energy into the water in the morning helps extend the season. In the summer time the solar heater (set to cut off at 92) plus the Sunlight is enough to heat the water to over 96 degrees which actually gets uncomfortable. The last few days have been overcast and rainy so the water is down to the mid 80s, but you would not want to get in the pool anyway with all the lightning around.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.