What's your current pool temp?

BasicTek

Bronze Supporter
Oct 9, 2016
Lake Mary, FL
88 degrees a little chilly for me so I cranked on the solar and set to 91 degrees :cheers:
I used to like it at 88 in the summer but now I'm spoiled and keeping it above 90.
I run the pump/solar/SWG in the AM to about 3, the solar usually shuts off (set at 92) the pool will still go up a degree or 2 by 5PM, then I may run the pump/solar an extra hour to warm it up if I'm planning on going swimming at night, or just to make it warmer in the morning.

Brentr

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
I used to like it at 88 in the summer but now I'm spoiled and keeping it above 90.
I run the pump/solar/SWG in the AM to about 3, the solar usually shuts off (set at 92) the pool will still go up a degree or 2 by 5PM, then I may run the pump/solar an extra hour to warm it up if I'm planning on going swimming at night, or just to make it warmer in the morning.
Fully agree with you. It must be hard for all our TFP friends who live up north to understand this concept:cheers: Most of them can’t even swim in their pools till July 😞

Paul & Crystal

Silver Supporter
May 25, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
Up to 76*! No heater on The Beast. I can't even fathom how much it would cost to heat this thing though it would be great. We start swimming at 72*. I tell myself it's a form of cryotherapy. And actually, I do feel great after a cold swim.

Bvacchiano

Apr 6, 2018
Sugar Land, Texas
85 deg. I’ve already alerted my wife that at 87 deg the Chiller is being turned on. She’s not happy about it. Lol. No swimming in a hot tub for me especially when it’s 95 deg out!!

MadScientist23

May 25, 2019
Kansas
Ok i'm up to 84 now and will maintain the same temp through day and night if i leave the cover open. Found that closing cover at night and open during the day raises by about 1.5 deg per day. Wife wants it at 88-90 but i refuse to swim in bath water. I'll probably leave it open overnights now to keep the temp steady.

spoonman

Jun 16, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I’m finding here in the desert the magic number seems to be somewhere between 88-93 (IMO). This may have to do with the dry air and resulting evaporative cooling when swimming.

caligrl2

Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2013
Central Coast California
78 here the grandkids crack me up they always think they're swimming no matter what temp the water is ( memorial day weekend water was in the high 60's) their lips might be blue but by golly they're gonna swim!

BasicTek

Bronze Supporter
Oct 9, 2016
Lake Mary, FL
went in yesterday morning at 90, today it was only 89 been getting lots of clouds & rain. I think it was up to 92 and we got doused with rain. Waiting for the sun to come back out to go back in.

Foonly

May 24, 2018
St Augustine FL
I shut my solar heater off two weeks ago, as the sun shining on the pool is enough to warm it to 94 degrees or more. But three fourths of the year the solar system comes on as the Sun is lower behind the trees, and putting energy into the water in the morning helps extend the season. In the summer time the solar heater (set to cut off at 92) plus the Sunlight is enough to heat the water to over 96 degrees which actually gets uncomfortable. The last few days have been overcast and rainy so the water is down to the mid 80s, but you would not want to get in the pool anyway with all the lightning around.

Other Threads of Interest