What's your current pool temp?

We have been hovering at around 75° for the last 1-2 weeks - I was the only one in the pool yesterday, by the time my son was ready to swim it got windy and cooled off a bit too much...

Our weather is going to cool down and we have rain in the forecast, so I wonder how much longer I will be able to swim. Nov 1 is my current record - but it is now October so not far to go!

67 degrees.

Now just waiting to close. SWG’s are only running 2 hours, and I have to skip a day here and there. Didn’t check for a few cold days and FC crept up to 14ppm (CYA 60ppm), more than double my 10% target. I leave them off till Wednesday at least to get under a FC of 10ppm.

Pool season over ......

Just got out. It's been 84 since March 15. Never got over 86 during our 100 degree days in Austin (tree shade). Probably turn off the heat pump Nov 15.

Solar Breeze - Aquabot 4WD - TFP

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Last night was brisk, the end of swimming season is coming quickly here.

No way Chris, get that solar cover on and fight!!

I was holding steady at 90-91, with the rain we just got, down to 85. I’m going to drop my pump in and drain it back down to it’s normal level, as we have more on the way tonight.

Funny, I just read this after declaring to my wife that swimming season is officially over. :(

My pool cover looks like swiss cheese after 2 years and is going into the trash unless I can somehow stretch out a couple more weeks. Right now the water level has creeped halfway up the concrete coping so swimming isn't looking good unless the weather changes quickly!

No way Chris, get that solar cover on and fight!!

I was holding steady at 90-91, with the rain we just got, down to 85. I’m going to drop my pump in and drain it back down to it’s normal level, as we have more on the way tonight.

I am about 3 weeks from the dream of having a pool! What Solar Cover would you recommend for our climate. I am in Gilbert and just moved to AZ this July from Chicago. Much thanks.

Aham, honestly, they’re all pretty much the same. This is my first complete year in AZ, so I’m still on the learning curve as well. But from what everyone else is saying, you’ll get about 2 to 3 years out of them, so don’t go crazy on the price.
With that being said, I ordered a cover twice the size of my pool so I can get 2 covers out of 1 purchase for only a few bucks more. I can say that it does work well. My pool dropped down to 85 from 91 before the rain we just had, and in 2 days she’s back up to 88. I’m just trying to extend the season hopefully till the end of October. We’ll see. Anyway, here’s the one I ordered. :cheers:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01C4JSU9M?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

I gotta stay out of this thread.

Reading about peoples' cold pools makes me feel bad. :(

Reading about peoples' warm pools makes me feel worse!! :mad:

I did get into 71° yesterday, so I guess I can claim my swim season lasted until October. Warm weather is heading our way next week, so there's still hope...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.