What's your current pool temp?

I gotta stay out of this thread.

Reading about peoples' cold pools makes me feel bad. :(

Reading about peoples' warm pools makes me feel worse!! :mad:

I did get into 71° yesterday, so I guess I can claim my swim season lasted until October. Warm weather is heading our way next week, so there's still hope...

So you actually swim in a 71 degree pool? Im hoping for one more warm weekend before I call it quits :)

So you actually swim in a 71 degree pool?

Sure, I get my self good and warmed up with some chores around the house, then do the ol' inch-by-inch entry, and then finally take the final plunge. It feels great after about a minute, really great, then even better when I get out. Very refreshing! No pain, no gain! ;)

Well it looks like fall has finally arrived here. I officially shut down the heat pump 3 days ago and the water temp went from 84 down to 71 today. With the forecasted nightime lows, the water temp should be sufficient to close up sometime next week. That should still put me ahead of when the leaves start falling with a vengence. According to my logs, this will be the earliest closing in 5 years. But, the previous pool had an auto cover. Big difference this time of year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Last night I went from 68 to 59 over night. I think winter is here. Suppose to be 50 all week with above freezing at night. I hope we get a few more weeks like this and then I’ll close end of October like last year

Back up to 76 and the last warm day for the next 10 days. We will call this our last swim of the year... Mid October not bad at all :)

This mornings temp was 86, but solar got it to a high of 91 today despite heavy clouds this afternoon. The overnight lows are in the lower 70's still only about 5 or so less than summer, the daytime highs are around 90 still. I just ordered a new cover, couldn't afford a heat pump this year so that may be going on soon.

I feel that here in Southern California I should still be able to swim. No such luck. Although, it was 76 degrees air temp the pool has dropped down to 69 degrees. There will be no more swimming for us. Time to go in the jacuzzi.

Pool temp 62° last night, with the extended forecast highs only in the 60s, looks like my swimming season is over.... hot tub is 103°!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.