What's your current pool temp?

42 fahrenheit. I just opened today up here in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. Yes, I expect it to drop below freezing overnight for the next couple of weeks, but I have freeze protection in my system, where the pump comes on automatically at a temperature I set (currently set to come on at 35f). I don't turn the solar heat on until I'm sure it's not below freezing overnight (so the panels on the roof don't freeze), nor do I open the suction line (for the cleaner), or the lines for the laminar jets.

First time in 11 years I've seen the water this clear when the safety cover was removed. I'm thinking the switch from sand to cartridge last year left less 'stuff' floating in the water leading to less sediment on the bottom and clearer water. Just a guess, though.

pool.jpg

pool1.jpg

fire.jpg

Humm :confused: Could it be the TFP method:cheers:

"First time in 11 years I've seen the water this clear when the safety cover was removed. I'm thinking the switch from sand to cartridge last year left less 'stuff' floating in the water leading to less sediment on the bottom and clearer water. Just a guess, though."

Water crept up to 47 degrees last week and a very thin vacuumable film of algae appeared!

Usually I have added the first chlorine of the year by early March regardless of temp...should have been on top of that.

SLAM in progress!

Mine is currently at 85f with no cover of any kind, opened it up Friday and reconnected all the plumbing. Fired up the Ngas heater and kids were swimming yesterday, The chem levels are still off a little slammed it hard with shock and had chlorine doses turned up my boy had burning eyes should have waited few more days before swimming but the stir of the water has really cleared it up great, looking forward to the crystal clear water I had last yr, never an issue all yr long.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
88 degrees and swimming [emoji474]*?? looking at the fruit on my locuats tree [emoji482]
3076c4cb7f484b19cc9a413486161b17.jpg

still pushing 90 here just got out of the pool (air temp is 83 and sunny) To note the covers even been off all week. I was hoping that was the end of it this year but we have a long rainy period in the mid 70's next week so I might put it back on so I can warm it up quicker on the weekend.

still pushing 90 here just got out of the pool (air temp is 83 and sunny) To note the covers even been off all week. I was hoping that was the end of it this year but we have a long rainy period in the mid 70's next week so I might put it back on so I can warm it up quicker on the weekend.

Unfortunately we will still have solar covers on so that I can get 88 plus degrees with only solar running. You are much further south. So jealous:cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.