What's your current pool temp?

89 today and 87 yesterday! Couple of nice swim days. It took the cover, solar panels and heat pump. Totally worth it. I'm ready to switch to the hot tub now though.

- - - Updated - - -

^or turn the heat pump on...Oh, Wait! Where have I been, you really DID install that heat pump! Congrats! ;)

Right! Thanks!

Been staying stable about 72-74 last couple of weeks with cover staying on. Cool when first entering, but warm up once swimming. Grandkids still enjoying it. We're having a warm October, so who know when it will drop too low.

We told the 5 grandkids that on Christmas they need to go swimming before being able to open presents ;)

We had tons of rain over the last weekend - pool temp has dropped a ton and is 67° currently - a few days of warm weather is forecast though so I am hopeful we can get back to the mid 70's...otherwise we might be done for the season - beyond using it as a cold plunge. burrrr

88 and swimming, it is 90 outside. Tomorrow will probably be the last day. 87 tomorrow and the high in the 60s and low in the 40s by Friday. Time to switch to the hot tub!

90 degrees at this moment...I'm keeping temp up until the dome gets here. So far (recent warm snap notwithstanding) I've kept it warm for "reasonable" cost by leaving the water still all day under solar blanket, then running system back up to 95 overnight for early morning physio. I'm charting the CCFs of gas each day. Losing about 6 degrees (less on days like yesterday) each day, which takes about 11-14 CCF to recover overnight.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With the last week of hot waves, the pool went from 76 degrees to 82 yesterday. I was back in it. I had to hit the hot tub once I got out, but still nice to be able to get back in. I am afraid it is going to get much cooler here soon. :(

84 out, 86 pool. Covers coming off in 10 minutes.
344065c11883f7449a17f3606b335621.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thought I'd post the unlikely Michigan scene of swimming during fall color change since I will not likely ever willingly heat/swim in the pool in open air this late again once the Dome arrives next weekend ;) I seemed to have created a greenhouse effect on the maple directly over the pool (can't see from the pic) ...its still green while the one behind it is a blaze of gold.

image.jpg

Jumping in in November! 84 outside, 84 at bottom, 88 at top, 94 from jets. Set at 86, should shut off shortly. Minimal effect on electric bills so far. Heat pump set to 86 from 9am to 8pm (pump run time).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.