What's your current pool temp?

I never knew what temperature felt like what. I just knew it as cold and warm. When we were at Myrtle Beach last year, the water temps were listed as 80°. It felt like bathwater. I walked straight out into the ocean.

Just got out of the pool. Thermometer read 79.999999, lol, so very close to 80°, but not quite. Water was freezing. You could aclimate to it, but it was still very cold.

mrodgers said:
I never knew what temperature felt like what. I just knew it as cold and warm. When we were at Myrtle Beach last year, the water temps were listed as 80°. It felt like bathwater. I walked straight out into the ocean.

Just got out of the pool. Thermometer read 79.999999, lol, so very close to 80°, but not quite. Water was freezing. You could aclimate to it, but it was still very cold.

I made the exact same comment to my wife, yesterday.
I just wonder how accurate ocean water temp they are reporting is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
UnderWaterVanya said:
82 - no cover, no heater, shady in the morning and late afternoon. Temps in the 80s last week, 90s this week.

I'm so jealous!! Our pool is also in the shade in the am and we have no heater BUT we live in MN and have had a lot of rain that cooled our pool down to 70 and so now only the 7yr old will get in it. Wondering if buying this pool was worth it if only one person will get use of it. Grrrr :hammer:

A better question is: What is your ideal pool temp?

Given a choice we seem to like it between 84 and 86. Of course since our air temp is well over 100, much cooler feels frigid by contrast. Doing water aerobics or swimming laps and that preferance drops to about 82.

Mine "jumps" to 84 in the afternoon (100 degree today in Austin), cools to 82 first thing in AM. Pretty much been there for past 3 weeks. No covers. Strange how 82 feels cold, 84 feels perfect. I have a square sunshade over the deep end, and very large oak tree shades the rest of it 75% of the day. Going to wish for a heater (solar) fall and spring.
Pool3.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.