What's the biggest salt system availalbe?

fwb

Jun 8, 2017
Las Vegas
I have a 28k pool and most of the sizes available won't get me the recommended 2-3x capacity. My SJ-40 isn't cutting it and I want to upgrade. Question: if I get the SJ-55 version, is the cell plug and play? Can I just get a SJ-55 replacement cell and swap it into my SJ-40?

Or do I need to replace the whole box as well.

If not, are there any other large systems that are rated for more than 60k? I saw a commercial solution that does 6lbs/24hrs production but it was like $7200.

An RJ60+ will work. You just run the pump a lot. With your pump costs a few cents a day to run it.

Have you run your SJ40 at full % 24 hours per day?

At 100% your current SWCG will add 7.3 ppm FC per day. If that does not keep up, you have an issue. Either your CYA is too low or you have algae.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
With your pump, you can run it at less than 200 watts, or about 60 cents a day if run 24 hours.

I find at CYA of 60 my FC loss really climbs. At 70 or 80, stays at 4 ppm or so in the summer.

The SJ units only work with the size of cell that they are rated for, while the RJ series allows you to use different size cells.

Marty is right on about the CYA level, raise it to 80 and you'll use less chlorine overall.

Find the lowest speed that keeps the SWG working and bump it up 100/200 more RPM to set your operating speed of the pump. With this tweak you might be able to run 24/7 for less than what you are currently running.

I also believe the SJ units require more flow than the RJ units. If I were to ever buy a CompuPool SWG I would get a RJ series as there are way more benefits for the money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.