Whats a good TA range? And a few other questions?

Winstonselect848

May 8, 2020
Tacoma/Washington
Hi,
1st timer here. I went to the local pool store just to get my water tested by them for the first time only. My thought was it would be a good starting point for me to open up my Taylor 2006 and check my numbers against theirs. My question is that they have a range for TA at 125-150. My TFP calculator has the TA range at 50-90. Which one is correct? I have an AGP, 5000 gallons. Attached are the numbers from the pool store. Many of my numbers are zero which is expected. Also do I add my chemicals in the order they suggest? I am not using their products I am using BBB method. Lastly what kind of a product do I need for a stabilizer/ conditioner?
Many Thanks for your help!

Attachments

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
They want higher TA because they expect most people to use trichlor pucks which are very acidic.

I haven't even looked at the test results. Pool store tests are notoriously unreliable. I would be interested in what you get with your own testing.

Stabilizer is stabilizer. Pool section at any big box or hardware store. Recommended Pool Chemicals - Trouble Free Pool tells you what does what and how to add it.

Mdragger88

Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
After you test your water feel free to post the results here & we can help steer u in the right direction. It’s always interesting to see the disparity between the two .