what valves to adjust to empty spa into pool low enough to change spa light bulb

Jun 5, 2014
peoria az
Hi, I drained and filled my pool and spa and changed my bulb that was burned out in spa. Now that I filled pool and spa back up the new spa light is not working (I think the seal was bad so I have new seal and another bulb etc). The issue is I need to get water from spa down some because I remember when I had the spa light out the cord was short and I wont be able to take apart fixture and replace bulb all under water. I had used a pump to drain it all but dont have that now, and I believe there is a way to drain spa into pool with adjusting a couple valves. Here are some pics, my pipes are not all labeled unfortunately. I remember having the spa drain by accident once when I clicked on button for the auto valve to go from pool to spa and then one other auto valve change positions and the spa drained, but that was a few years back, so not sure now. The second pump in pics is all for waterfalls.
Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG-0445.jpg
    IMG-0445.jpg
    763.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-0444.jpg
    IMG-0444.jpg
    848.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-0442.jpg
    IMG-0442.jpg
    836.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-0446.jpg
    IMG-0446.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-0447.jpg
    IMG-0447.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-0448.jpg
    IMG-0448.jpg
    785.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-0449.jpg
    IMG-0449.jpg
    658.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-0451.jpg
    IMG-0451.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-0452.jpg
    IMG-0452.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 8
if you line it up from JUST the spa to JUST the pool, it will suck the water out of your spa drain and send it into your pool. I can't tell what that configuration would be with your setup, unfortunately. As a word of caution, don't let your plaster sit in the sun and dry out to long, as it will start to degrade.

F,

Right in front of your main pump is an automated valve, called your Intake valve. In your pic the valve is in the "Pool" mode. Move the little switch on the actuator from one on position to the opposite on position will cause the valve to move 180 degrees to the "Spa" position. Once the valve moves, turn on the pump and when the water in the spa gets to where you want it turn off the pump. Return the little switch to its original position and you should be back to where you started.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ok thank you so much, that makes sense. The valve in front of the pump is what I remember flipping the little switch a few years back and the spa started to empty. I will try that in next day or so, and thanks for the info and also yes agree on not leaving spa empty too long, just had it all empty for a week doing all the chlorine bath, acid wash, removing all calcium, etc, lots of work but pool looks like new again but my spa light I replaced bulb with led but it did not turn on, so must of leaked water into fixture (thought my seal was ok, but probably was not and I had a heck of a time with the ring that tightens it back up, ended up ordering a new ring now too, so new seal, ring and bulb, lets hope this works!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.