Southern California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm replumbing my equipment pad myself in two stages. First I'll replace the pump and filter, and I will make significant changes to the routing of all the plumbing at the pad; second I will add an IntelliCenter automation controller.

What valves should I install if automation is imminently in my future? Jandy hand-operated valves now and then retrofit Pentair controllers? Or is there some all-in-one that can be hand-operated now but later plugged into the automation system?

Thanks!

Diverter valves have actuators for automation that fit on top of them. All the manufacturers have both diverters and actuators. They are interchangeable between manufacturers with a few quirks along the way. The actuator plugs into the automation panel.

If you stay with diverter valves and actuators from the same manufacturer you will have no problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.