What to do with the skimmer opening when closing an AG pool?

A week away from the pool install, I went to the dealer and bought the Aquador skimmer winterizing kit. Those that use an Aquador - do you not lower the water? That's what it says on the package.

Nope, kept it at summer level. I had a rubber stopper with fender washers and long bolt with wing nut to tighten from my pool store for the return opening. I had a light/return in it and they had these made up already in the store.

Reactions: VinnyinNJ
Nope, kept it at summer level. I had a rubber stopper with fender washers and long bolt with wing nut to tighten from my pool store for the return opening. I had a light/return in it and they had these made up already in the store.
Thanks, great news! Should make winterizing and opening that much easier. I used to take the return eyeball out and had a screw in fitting. Assuming it is the same size and the oring is still intact I probably will use that for the return.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.