What to do/expect?

Was the sand you used pool sand or play sand?

Be aware you will not be able to maintain the SLAM while waiting on the 'clarifier' to drop out. So you will lose a bit of ground.

Take care.

Was the sand you used pool sand or play sand?

Be aware you will not be able to maintain the SLAM while waiting on the 'clarifier' to drop out. So you will lose a bit of ground.

Take care.

Yes, pool filter sand.

I am aware also the reason I was a little upset. Keep in mind, it wasn't my choice to add the clarifier... I'll just have to resume it in a few days. I should be in a little better position by then, considering I can very faintly see the bottom this morning and the sun isn't even up yet.

You guys do understand what I'll be looking at if this stuff works, right?

You see, for my wife, as long as the water is clear and there's a tablet in the floaters (we use 2) the pool is good to go. Most of the time she hasn't a clue what I go through to maintain this thing. Now, the water was cloudy, she poured in this magical liquid, pool clears up. SMH, hopefully she's not at the pool store when the water turns green again in 2 days...

Update...

PH =7.2
FC = 5.5
CC = 0
TA = 110
CH = 80
CYA = 40
Temp = 80°F

Did a LOT of vacuuming this morning. Pool is clean and clear and haven't added anything to it since my wife "fixed" it. My PH is still a little lower than usual and TA is a little higher than usual. I know everything is still in normal ranges, just saying on my experiences with it last year. Maybe it's just where it wants to be and I'm not arguing with it... just going to keep a check on everything the next few days. Eventually bump CYA back up around 60, added about 8 inches of water to it this morning after vacuuming.

Since the clarifier was put through the sand filter you should Deep Clean it before the clarifier solidifies your sand.

See Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter

Why would I deep clean my filter when there's no problem? Sure, there's potential for a problem later on, but also potential for me to create a problem by doing the cleaning.
Vacuumed on waste, then back washed it, then rinsed it (twice.) There should only be very little if any at all in the sand. Everything is perfect with the filter right now. No offense, but I'm not doing anything to it until there's a known issue instead of a small probability.

I was going thru the same problem, pretty blue cloudy water for a week, I ended up adding the recommended amount of clarifier and the pool cleared up some and then did another dose 2 nights later and it turned crystal clear.

Glad to hear it, keep a check on it. Usually some kind of gimmick behind everything mine has told me. "Cloudy water? Sure, put this stuff in there, it should clear right up." A week later, sure, you're water is clear but your PH is all over the place, right back to the pool store you go. Except this time they sale you stabilizer, you know, to stabilize your PH, LoL.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.