What to do before vacation?

Jun 10, 2020
Cecil County Maryland
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Leaving for a week on vacation! Pool (Summerwaves 16x48 5,000gal) is perfect right now. What should I do before we leave to make sure I don’t come home to an absolute mess?? Using BBB method. I have a timer on the filter to have it run 10hrs. If you recommend SLAM can you help me with exactly what to do? I’m still trying to figure all this out.

Just bring to slam level with lc for your cya right before u leave - you could put a couple pucks in the floater for insurance if you’re worried as well. Just use PoolMath effects of adding to determine how much cya that would add as well.
Some people add the daily amount of lc x’s however many days they will be gone .
Probably near slam level that way.
Its up to u.
Also if you have a cover that would prohibit fc loss from the sun while you’re gone

Reactions: Amanda Sanborn
Back before I went with salt pool, I used to use tablets. I would run the low end of the range like you have then do the calculation of how much CYA would be added for tablets in the floater. For my vacation periods, I never had a problem. Do make sure you account for the higher FC level required as CYA increases. I did this many, many times over 5 years and never had an issue.

Chris

Reactions: Amanda Sanborn
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.