What to do about this - pool liner track

nebody182

Apr 11, 2021
Massachusetts
Hi all,

New here. Bought a house with a pool that hadn't been used in over 10 years. It's a 40x20 with a Hayward Pump and DE system. I don't know actual manufacturer of the pool - probably installed circa 1970. With the help of these forums, I got it going successfully last year - until the liner got a hole in it. Now I went to replace the liner, and none of the liner guys say they can fix this (see pictures). The rail has come off and they both said that I would have to remove the concrete pool deck just to get access to be able to put this rail back on. Looking for a third opinion - is this true? What would you do? Should I just get the bulldozer and call it?

IMG_5866.jpgIMG_5867.jpg

That rail cap is held down by screws under the black strip. Remove black strip amd screw it back down. Sometimes you have to make new holes amd countersink the metal to flush the svrew head. If the strip is grip tape use similar to cover that up. Looks like concrete deck is flush with wall top. Is the deck is good shape or busted up? Cant tell in pics. If you wanted to redo the deck you could possibly install cantilever liner track amd then new precast coping and go over the slab with Reno pavers

That rail cap is held down by screws under the black strip. Remove black strip amd screw it back down. Sometimes you have to make new holes amd countersink the metal to flush the svrew head. If the strip is grip tape use similar to cover that up. Looks like concrete deck is flush with wall top. Is the deck is good shape or busted up? Cant tell in pics. If you wanted to redo the deck you could possibly install cantilever liner track amd then new precast coping and go over the slab with Reno pavers
Thank you for the response, and apologies for the delay in my reply. I removed the black strip and unfortunately for me there were no screws in it. I flipped over the loose rail and if you look closely you can see the rusty mark where the screws must have been screwed up from the bottom. (see pics)

The pool deck is concrete and is flush with the wall top. It is in decent shape (not busted up) but has settled over time and slopes away from the pool. I'm am really trying to not redo the deck. I will google what precast coping is - thanks for the tip!

Attachments

• IMG_5871.jpg
    IMG_5871.jpg
    755.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5870.jpg
    IMG_5870.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 5
I didnt look well I'm on a phone. That is the old style that gets screwed from underneath thru the slots. Cant reattach that way now. Use a countersink bit and self tappers amd hide them in the black strip from the top down hiding them under the strip. That's the only way I see working out

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.