What? The water is supposed to go IN the pool?!?

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
In-House-Swim-Anyone1.jpg

OK, I admit it. I get sucked into some of those stupid click-bait articles. This pic was in the one I traversed this morning. No explanation accompanied it. Any guesses as to what happened? I have one, but I'll forgo the spoiler.

OK, I will play...

Filter or pipe popped a leak and pump sucked from the main drain and emptied the pool by the equipment pad and water drained around the house.

Reactions: Dirk
Filter or pipe popped a leak and pump sucked from the main drain and emptied the pool by the equipment pad and water drained around the house.
Very close to my guess. Let's see if someone else gets closer. Here's a hint: I'm projecting...

It looks like they have a drain hose stretched out. So, I would speculate that they might have had a submersible pump pumping out the water and the hose split and water filled the yard.

There is a hose in water that seems to be connected to a tap. Maybe something wrong with the tap or where its connected to, and the water was syphoned out of the pool?

EDIT: Maybe they wanted to fill water into the pool, and were watering the yard from another tap at the same time that drew a lot more water and created a water jet pump effect that drained the pool and added the pool water to the other tap watering the yard?

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool movie night was gonna be Swamp Thing and he wanted ambiance for a more realistic viewing.

*always read the fine print. The PB said he’d deliver 14k gallons but not one word specified where they’d deliver it.

......... WAIT !!! I forgot it’s 2020.

He was told to build an Ark but with the disrupted supply chain he couldn’t. The animals weren’t able to come due to travel restrictions so in the end it was just him and the flood.

Leslie’s told him if he set his filter to waste that it would remove all the algae.

Last edited:
Reactions: superuser

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.