What the HECK!! Cant bring water back to CLEAR

Apr 29, 2015
Wheatfield, IN
Opened the pool, balanced and got the water clear in about two weeks.......everything was going well until my SWG was turned off inadvertently, I was out of town with no one checking Chlorine level and it fell to zero for three or four days. Pool temp was around 87/88 during that time. Now I cannot get the water back to clear, have been able to get some of the green out but still has a green tint for sure to it.

Current levels are

FC 1.5
CC 1.5

CH - 300
TA- 120
CYA - 20

Sodium Chloride - 3000
PH - 8.0

What to do now?

My pool has auto cover and stays covered 75% of the time

Powder is fine. Put it in a sock and place in the skimmer or hang in front of a jet. Do not put anymore than 10ppm worth of CYA in the pool until your SLAM is completed, then you can raise it. I do not think you need to go to as high a CYA as normal for a SWCG pool as it is covered. Is it uncovered most of the daylight hours or not? I would suggest targeting CYA of 50 and a FC of 5 once your SLAM is completed.

Take care.

Pool is clear, will do the overnight Chlorine test tonight.

How do I bring down the FC? Just leave the pool cover open? I do need to add about an 1.5'' of water so that should help.

What level of FC should I keep the pool at? I always heard between 1 and 2 but now I read that it should be higher than that?

thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.