What size back wash hose do I need?

Schedule 40 is the type of pipe that can handle pressure and DWV is for drains like under your sink that have no pressure in them, in lowes they are on the same isle but at different ends of the isle.. :)

Reactions: Limey
I managed to find a coupler to make existing 1.5” pipe down to 1” so that I could put the new hose over it. Just attempted my first back wash and the hose split under pressure. I think it’s because the hose is closed flat and has been stored this way in a hot garage ?

well that sucks, the hoses do get stuck together.. if you start the flow easy and let it fill up and then turn it up it should not do that... This is a mango hose, it lasted me 5 years now... You can get a 1.5 or 2 inch.. :)

well that sucks, the hoses do get stuck together.. if you start the flow easy and let it fill up and then turn it up it should not do that... This is a mango hose, it lasted me 5 years now... You can get a 1.5 or 2 inch.. :)

Would you know how I can get the flow to start of slowly so that the hose can open up properly? On my Hayward sand filter there is just an option for backwash and rinse and maybe drain I think. Does one option option reduce the flow pressure ? Thanks.

Would you know how I can get the flow to start of slowly so that the hose can open up properly? On my Hayward sand filter there is just an option for backwash and rinse and maybe drain I think. Does one option option reduce the flow pressure ? Thanks.

If you have a variable speed pump you would start off at a low rpm. You may have to temporarily set the prime cycle to a lower rpm also. Make sure the hose is laying flat, no kinks or sharp bends.

Sorry, I have a 3 way valve so I can slowly turn it... You have no way of doing that... I tell you that hose should take the flow with no issues, it is a trash hose and way thicker than a pool hose... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.