What size and type filter

Jun 19, 2017
Diberville
We’ve had this mobile home park with a 25x50 chlorine pool for 3 years. Been told its 53k gallons
Had trouble keeping the water clear consisttently. Well today l learned àour Hayward S244X2 filter is too small for our pool. My pump is a hayward SP 2.0 hp

What size and type of filter do you guys/gals recomment? Leaning toward DE. I just want consistently clear water.

Thanks in Advance

David

Is that two 24 inch sand filters?

Sand filters will work just fine. As long as they have not had pool store potions like clarifier or flocculant circulated through them.

Do you have a clean filter pressure? How often do you backwash? At what pressure do you backwash?

Clean pressure seems a bit high but you have a single speed 2 hp pump blowing through it. We recommend you backwash when your filter pressure rises by 25% over clean pressure.

Are you sure the water is cloudy from debris or is it a chemistry problem? Can you post a picture of the water? How do you test your pool water chemistry?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook

I don't think one 24" sand filter is large enough for a 53,000 gallon pool. The largest residential pool sand filter Hayward makes is 36" which also may be marginal for a pool as large as yours. Maybe one of the forum builders can chip in regarding commercial pool filters.

Your cloudiness problem is probably a chemistry issue. What is your free chlorine, combined chlorine, CYA, pH, TA and CH?

Thanks for the response

Hi. I used to take samples to my local store and follow their instructions. I think my water is ok. Its not used much during the week and remains perfectly clear. On saturday when it people start using it, it seems to get clouding quickly. By tuesday it nice and clear again. Backwash about ever sunday evening or so.

This year I had some plumbing replaced the Pool guy pointed out my filter was way too small.

Have a little room in my budget so thought I would get the correct size. Now Ive been reading about DE and cartridge so I really dont know what to do!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.