What should I put around my intex pool?

Brett S

Mar 15, 2019
Orlando
I just installed a 32x16 rectangular intex pool and built a deck around part of it. But the deck doesn’t go all the way around the pool and I‘m trying to figure out what to put around the rest. Mulch or stone seem like the obvious choices. I like the look of stone, but some stones seem like they can be kind of sharp and I’m worried about sharp stones being against or even working their way under the liner.

Mulch is probably a little less expensive (and easier on the back to install) and it seems less likely to accidentally puncture the liner, but it won’t last as long and might not look as good.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much:)

Piling mulch around metal pool supports will hold moisture and accelerate rusting.

I think river rock would look nice. I"ve used both river rock and pea gravel around my pools. The pea gravel is smooth but too small and tracks easily. The river rock seems fairly smooth too, plus it's bigger and doesn't track. If you are worried about it getting up under the pool, you can put a border right up against the pool all the way around (that's what I did with my intex) then put another border however far out you want to contain the rock.

Reactions: sammckin
It may not look like much exactly, but once the grass grew back around it, artificial turf blended in quite nicely with our lawn and made for an easy mowing edge. We just cut around the pool supports and fastened it with turf staples (like you might use for landscape fabric) and it looked neat, kept the mower edge away from it, didnt hold water, and at the end of the season we just folded it up and stored It away with our pool pad. 0C97BC57-C585-4933-AE3D-74CF3191604A.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.