What should I look for in a new filter?

DThompson55

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
Manchester, CT
We're thinking about getting a new filter for next year. It looks like the Intex Krystal Clear Sand filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 14" is a good choice. It's a best seller on Amazon with high ratings. It has a flow rate of 2150 GPH and it looks like I only need 1850 GPH for my 15k Gallon AG, so slightly oversized it good, right? I'm worried that a sand filter, full of wet sand at the end of the season, is going to be exceptionally heavy and difficult to move indoors for the winter. Is there anything else we should consider before dropping $500 on a new filter? Is there a better time of year to buy in terms seasonal discounts if there is such a thing?

Your cart filter while a little small looks like a good filter and way better than an intex anything, intex would be 3 steps back as most want to get away from that type system.. Your pump could be upgraded, maybe a 2 speed or a VSP/VSF pump, other than that maybe a salt water generator :)

Reactions: DThompson55
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.