Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30
Hello All,

I am looking to have a local AGP installer put up our brand new in a box 24 rd pool as shown in my signature. The fee is $1300. I ask because I am contemplating putting up ourselves and here is why.

1. I have already plumbed together the filter/pump, heater ( with bypass ), and SWCG. I did this because we are hard piping the plumbing and would not expect this to be included in the install especially with the extras. I will be trenching and plumbing myself to the pool once its up. Pics below are before Jandy check valve after heat and before SWCG
2. I am having the pool installed semi -inground ( pool installer guy knows ) and I have a separate excavating company doing the dig. Excavator will haul away 100% of the dirt and will actually laser level the finished below grade surface for an additional $1000 bucks. ( I do not need that much dirt at all ..no thanks)
3. Communication- I have been in contact with said pool installer since January. He was at the house in February to look at the yard and go over measurements. I knew it was early but wanted to be "firstish" in line when the weather broke here in N/W Ohio. I contacted him two weeks ago and he said it would be another week before allowed to install pools because of Covid and Govt. etc and it had nothing to do with weather. I have not heard from him since. Look I get it... but the schedule should be laid out by now right? For example forecasted Sunny and high 70's and 80's next week for multiple days in a row. We should have at least a tentative date pending weather etc by now? In full disclosure he does return my texts fairly promptly.
4. If I would just pay the excavator a little more to give us the compact base for the bottom rails/post perimeter and dump the sand in the middle all that would be left is to place the footer blocks down laser level them and put the pool up. It seems like half the work is already being done by the excavator anyway? I stated this and asked for a break in price and pool installer is giving no breaks on price for previous ground prep.
5. I need to be prepared to be stiffed by no help ( I have not given any money btw). I won't let this pool sit in the garage all summer waiting. Now , I'm way in the back of the line now to hire anyone else. I've actually called a couple others and they are not even answering the phone or returning calls from my voicemail messages which tells me pools are being installed already and they are busy.

Sorry for long post. Couple disclaimers- I understand its only mid May and we are excited about our new pool let alone a pandemic happening. I just want a date to prepare for install because I need to coordinate the excavation as well. I feel my acceptability for timing would be no longer than first week of June( Weather permitting). The date should be sooner given my diligence in getting this moving in January. I'm thinking of giving an ultimatum tomorrow for a date range. I have had several services the house performing various construction type jobs durning covid. If he isn't going to do it I want to get started myself.. It's crazy that you have cash in hand and its hard to get people to the house. Thanks for any and all advice or comments and for the free information I have been studying on this site for the last 6 months.

IMG_0783.jpg
IMG_0795.jpg

Pool Equip. "pad" Equipment

Attachments

• IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    729.9 KB · Views: 44
I think I'd pay the excavator and get to work. Plenty of help here for you, the ground prep is the worst part IMO. Set your pavers, run your bonding loop and put that pool up yourself! You will probably do a better job than a rushed crew.

Reactions: Casey
Hey I appreciate you sammckin. I mean I've read the manual over and over and it just doesn't seem that difficult especially for $1300. I suppose we just wanted a piece of mind that a pro was doing it and the obvious convenience of not having to do it. The only other thing that is a bit worrisome is that the install is below grade. I guess I just wanted feed back on if I'm being unrealistic on timing and execution. I can be a bit inpatient but thats why I started the process in January when it was 10 degrees outside. Thanks again

Reactions: sammckin
Definitely DIY. I'd come put your pool up for $1300 since you did all the hard work with the excavator! $1000 to laser level seems really high. Someone with the right tools seems they could do it in an hour.

Come on up Merc. Lol. Seriously though the excavator is also hauling away the massive massive 3.5 foot deep x 26 ft round excavation pile. I have zero options to put all that dirt anywhere on my property. Its not just the laser leveling for 1K. Appreciate the feedback

Reactions: merc123
Come on up Merc. Lol. Seriously though the excavator is also hauling away the massive massive 3.5 foot deep x 26 ft round excavation pile. I have zero options to put all that dirt anywhere on my property. Its not just the laser leveling for 1K. Appreciate the feedback
Ah got ya. I was combining the $1300 install price and $1k for the excavator for some reason ?‍♂️.

I think I'd pay the excavator and get to work. Plenty of help here for you, the ground prep is the worst part IMO. Set your pavers, run your bonding loop and put that pool up yourself
Might want to talk to your excavators about drainage if you're putting it partially underground. Maybe they could dig a trench and put in some drainage?

Reactions: kennywayne34

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I called the guy today and his secretary called me back. I’m on my he list for early June. Still debating a bit. I mean by the time I buy sand / hard base for lower track and pavers etc. Time stress. gas ,etc etc. Kept myself on the list just in case.

Reactions: sammckin
DIY. He is stringing you along. Next it will be "I'm behind because of the rain, blah, blah, blah..." I did a 33x18 oval last year and did all the excavating by hand with a shovel. If you got a guy with a bobcat to do the excavating, you can rent a laser transit from Home Depot to set your pavers. That is the by far the worst part. The actual bolting part is gravy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.