What product is recommended? Pebble, stonescapes, etc?

roxygrlj

Oct 12, 2023
Gilbert AZ
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
The plumbers are wrapping up and rebar is two days, electrical 3 days after that! We are moving quickly and I am trying to figure out what to do for the interior of the pool. I leave relatives pool with gashes in my toes and I absolutely don’t want a rough product. I am not sure what to use because it seems like all the stonescapes mini pebble I felt were still rough. I am having trouble finding want the recommended interior finishes on this forum. Does anyone have one they love and recommend? Love the look in the books with adding glass but not sure if they makes it better or not. IMG_7144.jpeg

I am trying to figure out what to do for the interior of the pool. I leave relatives pool with gashes in my toes and I absolutely don’t want a rough product. I am not sure what to use because it seems like all the stonescapes mini pebble I felt were still rough. I am having trouble finding want the recommended interior finishes on this forum. Does anyone have one they love and recommend?
I have the Wet Edge Primera Stone pebble. It is a 2 day process. First day is application of pebble plaster then the second day they use hydraulic sanders and create a smooth finish. It is more costly but I was like you - had enough raw toes to not get a standard pebble plaster. Look at the the link below as it shows all products made by Wet Edge
Wet Edge Technologies – various types of plaster – overview of all products

I also know that Hydrazzo is another product (forgot who the mfg is) which is quite similar to Primera Stone. I selected Primera Stone over Hydrazzo as I liked the applicator better.

There is not one recommendation on plaster because with the many different mfgs. and types, everyone has a preference for the look and feel. Some other links
Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes

Reactions: roxygrlj
I have the Wet Edge Primera Stone pebble. It is a 2 day process. First day is application of pebble plaster then the second day they use hydraulic sanders and create a smooth finish. It is more costly but I was like you - had enough raw toes to not get a standard pebble plaster. Look at the the link below as it shows all products made by Wet Edge
Wet Edge Technologies – various types of plaster – overview of all products

I also know that Hydrazzo is another product (forgot who the mfg is) which is quite similar to Primera Stone. I selected Primera Stone over Hydrazzo as I liked the applicator better.

There is not one recommendation on plaster because with the many different mfgs. and types, everyone has a preference for the look and feel. Some other links
Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Out of curiosity, how much more expensive is Wet Edge Primera Stone vs a Pebbletec Mini Pebble?

My pool builder is pushing a Peerless Pebblesheen that he said is very similar to Pebbletec Mini Pebble but with added glass and abalone. Alternatively, his plaster contractor also offers Pebbletec and Stonescapes, but I did not see Wet Edge listed on their site. I asked, but I didn't get a response yet.

Reactions: roxygrlj
Out of curiosity, how much more expensive is Wet Edge Primera Stone vs a Pebbletec Mini Pebble?

My pool builder is pushing a Peerless Pebblesheen that he said is very similar to Pebbletec Mini Pebble but with added glass and abalone. Alternatively, his plaster contractor also offers Pebbletec and Stonescapes, but I did not see Wet Edge listed on their site. I asked, but I didn't get a response yet.
I was quoted 12k more for Primera Stone vs wet edge signature Matrix in the Atlanta area. Ymmv but I couldn't justify it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.