What makes alkalinity/ph drop suddenly?

Rs242

Jun 20, 2017
NJ
I have been using TFP method for 3 summers now and never had a issue.
Pool never needed much attention just the daily dosing of bleach and all was always good.
This summer I noticed like a floating substance in the pool, hard to describe. It was clear and crusty and only notice it when I’m outside the pool, when we are in the pool and the water is waving around can’t really see it.
Tonight I was testing all my number and alkalinity was at a all time low 20 ppm I never had to add backing soda before (ph also was always in check) so I’m wondering what could have caused this??
We did have a lot of rain the last couple of days and I’m using pucs the last 2 weeks (trying to get cya up). Any thoughts would be helpful and is that stuff on top of my pool related to ph drop?

10,000 gallon AGP
Sand filter
Fc 5
Cya 20
Ak 20
Ph 6.8-

The pucks are very acidic, so they could very well be the cause of your very low pH and TA.

When did you open? What did the water look like? How have your FC and CC behaved this year?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.