What kind of union is this?

May 14, 2018
Salem MA
I was closing the pool today and decided to make nice fittings for my cyclone. On the returns I was simply going to take the coupling off and attach my cyclone. Got myself all the adapters and union from Home Depot (2” pvc) but low and behold that union from Home Depot just didn’t work. 1 1/2 is to small... what am I missing.

FE03E59E-3616-4CDD-84D0-6AD4E9CF7DD6.jpeg
CB3AD054-6965-462A-B27D-121D86FE848A.jpeg

Heater unions are typically a proprietary thread pitch (they’ll use metric or some kind of uncommon English unit thread pitch). It’s designed to make it easy to unthread when the pool equipment pad is tight and to keep you from finding easy/cheap replacements ?

That’s a standard pool supply 1.5” union. Home Depot parts won’t connect. Rather than different parts for your cyclone, try this.

5’ section of vac hose, on one end you slide it over a mpt/ barbed 1.5” fitting. On the other end you put a weir adapter that will push and lock temporarily into 1” to 2.5” openings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.