What kind of plug?

Jun 18, 2018
Lake Almanor, CA
We just had our pool resurfaced. I stupidly never checked that the installer replaced the output valve exactly as it was before now. Trying to close our pool for the winter and realize that the output valve [that I have a threaded cap for] is now UNTHREADED and completely different. I guess they put something new on after resurfacing. Of course, the installer isn't getting back to me. What kind of plug should I be looking for? Unthreaded, of course. argh.

Probably goes without saying, but, if you've never used non-threaded rubber plugs, be sure you push them in securely and then tighten up on the wingnuts real well. When you blow the return lines, there shouldn't be any bubbles coming through the lines once they're plugged (with the air still on that is). My lines come in on close to a 45 degree angle, and if the plug isn't placed in at the corresponding angle, they leak every time. I lean pretty far over the coping and use both hands to really push them in the pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.