What kind of fixture do I have and what bulb would I need?

AZ-83

Jul 7, 2015
Waddell
Good morning,

So two out of my three pool lights have gone out. I went online to see how one replaces them and I keep coming across fixtures that look quite different than mine. Mine do not have a screw. It looks almost like the lens cap itself may unscrew with those four notches, but I'm a tad too paranoid to try. Any of you know what kind of fixture and bulbs I'm dealing with here?
20190616_094341.jpg20190616_094259.jpg

You might consider contacting InyoPools tomorrow and email them the pictures you show above. I suspect it is a light/cord unit that comes as a package. Are they color changing LED? Do you know the manufacturer? Are they hooked up to an automation system?

They are called niche-less systems.

I suspect there is a tool that fits in the notches and allows you turn and unlock the fixture. Then you must disconnect the wiring at the J box and pull the fixture and wire out. Be sure to put a pull line to the wire at the J box so you can pull the new wire back to the J box.

I would not do any of that until you find a replacement.

I did some additional investigating after taking your suggestion into account. There are three conduit lines going to my junction box. Is there any way to replace just the bulb portion without having to fish an entire new line? These cord/bulb kits are quite pricey. A basic search showed them costing close to $200 per light. Thank you for all the feedback.

The niche-less systems are cord and fixture. Cannot be replaced separately.

I have Pentair lights that cost north of $300 to replace. The weak link in all of them is the circuit board for the LED. As it is in all LED lights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.