Toms River, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
This was in the pool today. I don't know what it is so it freaked me out. I wouldn't scoop it out because it attached to my net when it got near when I thought it was dead. I dont know if it bites, stings, is poisonous or what! Left him in the pool. Yuck! It was brown on one side and black with silver stripes at bottom of other side. Reminds me of a teeny tiny bird with the wings.

Attachments

• 20200607_180613.jpg
    20200607_180613.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 33
The white stripes remind me of the 24 hour non sleeping hornets that we got before the murder hornets. But I'm with Lorri its probably just a moth. A North Eastern Makethemisterdoit moth.

Also hey :wave:

Update...yes it was a moth. It looked so big and scary to me lol! I did scoop it out and it was still moving but I didn't check today to see. And I found my first dead mouse in the skimmer! Fun times.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200608-120345_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200608-120345_Chrome.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 7
The white stripes remind me of the 24 hour non sleeping hornets that we got before the murder hornets. But I'm with Lorri its probably just a moth. A North Eastern Makethemisterdoit moth.

Also hey :wave:
Hey!!! I was definitely freaking out that it was some kind if venomous, biting/stinging bug that we've never seen before! 🤣🤦🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.