What is your favorite summer drink to have by the pool?

The wife and her gal friends are keeping it simple. GOOD vodka, water, and any one of a multitude of flavors of MIO added. And yes, there's even a brand that has vitamins added. I swear we got'um all!

I'm a bariatric patient, so I can't handle sugar or carbonation. I'm having to learn new drinking techniques! I used to drink Mai tais, coconut rum, spice rum, grenadine, pineapple and orange juice. Now, I'm experimenting with sugar free syrup and Trop 50. I can't tell the difference if I use coconut rum, a splash of spiced rum, sugar free pineapple syrup and some trop 50. Plus, the trop 50 has calcium and vitamin D. Woo hoo! I've tried tang and mio, but they're not even close.

I'm partial to Hawaiian Mai Tai's! Lots of recipes online, but simple easy delicious one is 3 Parts Light Rum, 3 Parts Dark Rum, 5-6 parts Juice (POG is the magic juice, but so far as I know it's only available in Hawaii or one Japanese market her in SoCal) but 50/50 Pineapple Juice and Orange Juice also work great, and a splash of lime juice.

Skip and Go Naked's

• 3​
    (12 ounce) cans of beer (any kind)
  • 1​
    (12 ounce) can frozen pink lemonade concentrate, slightly thawed
  • 1 1⁄2​
    cups vodka

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
See if you can get this where you live: Bomb! Prairie Artisan Ales

It's fantastic! My new favorite beer. Guinness (at least the kind we get in America) pales in comparison.
Real beer.
Not fruit flavored. no Busch Light or any other imitation stuff. If not from Germany it's not beer, even the green bottle brick layer P***." skunk" in American terms.
Sorry to any mason, but that's what it's called.

It's Moscow Mules all summer for me. Ice, 2 shots of vodka, juice of 1.5 limes, half a can/bottle of ginger beer. Repeat every 20-30 minutes. :D

Just came back from Jamaica and we were introduced to white rum, club soda or tonic water and a splash of lime or lemon juice. Boy these go down pretty quickly so you really need to pace yourself [emoji482]

Just came back from Jamaica and we were introduced to white rum, club soda or tonic water and a splash of lime or lemon juice. Boy these go down pretty quickly so you really need to pace yourself [emoji482]

Sounds like a poor man's gin & tonic to me....which also go down waaaaay to easily.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.