Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi everyone,

We came out of winter pretty rough (a lot of scale, these tiles in the attached pictures, and a host of other issues I'm trying to tackle one by one).

Any thoughts on what would cause this issue with pool tiles? I have about 6-8 tiles that are like this spread around the pool. The pool is going on it's 3rd season and we didn't have any tiles that exhibited this behavior last year - all of this was noted for the first time when the pool was opened.

Thanks.

Bobby

Attachments

• 20230613_154321.jpg
    20230613_154321.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230613_112342.jpg
    20230613_112342.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 19
Likely cracked from ice? Damaged when something hit them? Where did you drain the pool to? Did you drain water out during the winter? What kind of cover did you have.

The company that closed the pool did drain the water below this tile - about 2-3 feet below. By the end of the winter though, there was water almost all the way up the sides of the pool. I did not drain water out during the winter, but I'm now wondering if I should have. We have a safety cover over the pool during the winter.

The company that closed the pool did drain the water below this tile - about 2-3 feet below. By the end of the winter though, there was water almost all the way up the sides of the pool. I did not drain water out during the winter, but I'm now wondering if I should have. We have a safety cover over the pool during the winter.
Yeah, here in Ashtabula, I had to drain the pool 5 times this winter!!! I have a sump and pvc, to a backwash hose. Imma say it is ice damage. Don't be afraid to pull a cover corner and or check skimmers for high water and drain during the winter. It gets cold, but I can jump back in the house to warm up. Where are you in Ohio?

Ok, that's very helpful! Thanks so much. I've never done tile work, but willing to give it a go. Any thoughts on how to do it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.