yazzu

May 14, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi Everyone and thanks in advance for any help.

A little background:
I recently fired the pool guy and have been doing the chems myself. Everything has been going well. I noticed quite a bit of pitting in the plaster along with staining and according to the app my Calcium Hardness was low, so I added some clorox calcium hardness increaser which raised the CH to 290 from 220 . Thats when all the troubles began. At first there were little black/dark green dots in the deep end. I was able to use a wire brush and remove them. A few days later long brownish colored stains began to appear which take quite a bit of scrubbing with a wire brush to remove. (See attached image) I have no idea what to do at this point other than SLAM but since my other levels are good I'm not sure that would help.

All my levels appear to be good.

Today
  • FC: 3.6 (just added 1 gal of 10% bleach)

Yesterday
  • CC: .2
  • PH: 7.7
  • TA: 80
  • CH: 290
  • CYA: 70

Attachments

• 20220709_071101.jpg
    20220709_071101.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 9
My guess is rust spots from your wire brush. It only takes one bristle to make multiple stains if it moves around on the surface.

Try crushing up several vitamin C tablets in a sock, and place the sock on the stains.

My guess is rust spots from your wire brush. It only takes one bristle to make multiple stains if it moves around on the surface.

Try crushing up several vitamin C tablets in a sock, and place the sock on the stains.

That makes total sense since the stains are about as long as a bristle would be. I guess I need to stick with a nylon brush. Thank you!

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.