What is this to?

If you put the wrong basket in a Hayward skimmer the suction puts too much down pressure on the skimmer basket that eventually cracks the support ring.
That just have been the cause. But it seems with the ring of the skim a round it seals great around the edge of where it sits (where the o ring used to be). So is there a need for replacement?

That just have been the cause. But it seems with the ring of the skim a round it seals great around the edge of where it sits (where the o ring used to be). So is there a need for replacement?

You would rather the basket pressure crack the replaceable support ring then crack the skimmer itself.

I think there is a reason Hayward made this a consumable part.

Over time the suction pressure can cause the skimmer basket to crack or the skimmer piece it sits on.

You would rather the basket pressure crack the replaceable support ring then crack the skimmer itself.

I think there is a reason Hayward made this a consumable part.

Over time the suction pressure can cause the skimmer basket to crack or the skimmer piece it sits on.
Good point. But I think the pressure would break the thin and flimsy skim a round piece that sits on the o ring before the plastic that seems much thicker and more sturdy on the skimmer itself.

Good point. But I think the pressure would break the thin and flimsy skim a round piece that sits on the o ring before the plastic that seems much thicker and more sturdy on the skimmer itself.

Are you a betting man?

How long do you want that skimmer to last?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.