What is this thing?

russell2415

Apr 15, 2020
Austin, TX
In two years I've done nothing with this thing and I'm now wondering what it is. Would like to put it on the list of things to remove along with the in-line chlorinator.

It has the months of the year around the larger circle and says "Turn off pump before removing cartridge".

Attachments

• IMG-4833.jpg
    IMG-4833.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 19
In two years I've done nothing with this thing and I'm now wondering what it is. Would like to put it on the list of things to remove along with the in-line chlorinator.

It has the months of the year around the larger circle and says "Turn off pump before removing cartridge".

Looks like a mineral feeder, like this one:

I would remove that too.

No interest in minerals but I do sometimes wish I had an inline chlorinator. Nice for winter months when the SWCG is not running. I dump so much water due to rain i don't have to worry about CYA build up.

Reactions: newdude
It's a Nature 2 mineral cartridge. Useful if you want to add metals to your pool for DIY staining 😆.
I had one for years. Completely useless and eventually the cartridge will start to leak. Definitely
pull it and unless the chlorinator is using up needed real estate, keep it. @Shirker is correct that
they are great to have for chlorinating during vacation times. Of course you'll want to know your
CYA level beforehand but they can be helpful to have!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.