What is this switch - OMG I LOST IT!

HeidiP

Jun 10, 2017
Ottawa/ON, Canada
FOUND - PHEW. To all you ANGELS who looked and tried to help - you are the best. And to the ones who looked and were confused - me too!

Answer here:
The little doo-hickey was the thing in the filter that fits in to keep it from leaking/keep large bits from going into the little viewer bubble thing where i can see if things are dirty. (the little pill bottle shaped thing that sits on the side of my sand filter, and screws in- clear plastic container.)

So what happened is that I put it back in the ziplock (PHEW!) but misplaced the ziplock (gaskets etc) and (spoiler alert) FOUND IT!

And in the end it wasn't really critical since teflon tape in that spot sealed off any leaks/i doubt a large rock is going to make its way into the little viewer bottle. Pics to come - I just got soaking trying to figure out something on my gas heater.
----
ORIGINAL POST

Last year we got a new AGP. This year, since I labelled everything, I figured I'd be good to put it back together myself.
BUT i didn't label the little parts (retainers/gaskets - and caps etc).

HEATER- Jandy JXI 260,000 heater (this part doesn't seem to be on the parts breakdown)
SALT SYSTEM Hayward Aquatrol - can't find schematics
PUMP - NovaJet 15NJ-5-25-S1 1.5 HP
Filter- Carvin Laser Filter - doesn't seem to be on schematics
Extra - Nature2 system - can't find schematics

Best i can describe it is it's white silicone looking, with 2 ends that are flat going to triangle (think tent shape on each end)

I kept it aside since I figured it was some sort of pressure switch or something.

Then I got busy (I have 4 kids including a 7 month old, a toddler, a 7 year old and an almost 18 year old) and can't find the thing.

So not only do I have to figure out what it is- I need to get a new one.

Sorry for this needle in a haystack - this is my hail mary...

Last edited:
Lost valve?

initially posted in chemistry - sorry!!

Last year we got a new AGP. This year, since I labelled everything, I figured I'd be good to put it back together myself.

BUT i didn't label the little parts (retainers/gaskets - and caps etc).

HEATER- Jandy JXI 260,000 heater (this part doesn't seem to be on the parts breakdown)
SALT SYSTEM Hayward Aquatrol - can't find schematics
PUMP - NovaJet 15NJ-5-25-S1 1.5 HP
Filter- Carvin Laser Filter - doesn't seem to be on schematics
Extra - Nature2 system - can't find schematics

Best i can describe it is it's white silicone looking, with 2 ends that are flat going to triangle (think tent shape on each end)

I kept it aside since I figured it was some sort of pressure switch or something.

Then I got busy (I have 4 kids including a 7 month old, a toddler, a 7 year old and an almost 18 year old) and can't find the thing.

So not only do I have to figure out what it is- I need to get a new one.

Sorry for this needle in a haystack - this is my hail mary...

Re: Lost valve?

Heidi, not sure about other readers, but I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what you have leftover that needs to be installed somewhere. Any chance you could post a picture or two of what you have? It might help clear the cobwebs ...... for me anyways. :)

It's hard for me to picture exactly what you're describing.
The Aquatrol only has the controller, cell & flow switch, and none of those look like your description.

The Nature² doesn't have anything like you describe either, so I'm not sure what it could be or where it goes.

Is it soft or hard?
Does it have wires coming from it?
You didn't happen to take pictures of it did you?

Thank you!

so it is soft like silicone- like a baby bottle nipple. It’s about 1.5-2” big and it’s squishy. I didn’t get a pic before losing it. Maybe it won’t be a problem. (Famous last words.)

my pool is 50 degrees right now and I’m considering scubaing into the pool to see if it fell in, though. Because today my luck is that it will necessitate a $200 fix. Imagine a thing like in the pic- but double ended. Would have been removed to winterize

Attachments

• 4780D566-0F07-46B7-A8C9-88FC5F18F8C1.jpg
    4780D566-0F07-46B7-A8C9-88FC5F18F8C1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 134

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Answer here:
The little doo-hickey was the thing in the filter that fits in to keep it from leaking/keep large bits from going into the little viewer bubble thing where i can see if things are dirty. (the little pill bottle shaped thing that sits on the side of my sand filter, and screws in- clear plastic container.)
So it sounds like it was a part designed to work with your sight glass. Interesting. Glad you found it. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.