What is this plumbing part?

Jun 19, 2017
Bowie, MD
I have two of these plumbing things located about 10' from my pool. One has three pipes and one has two pipes coming out of the ground. One of them is leaking water and my pool has been losing prime lately. I am going to dig down and put a plug in the pipes until i can fix it properly. What are these for? and what is the name of these objects so I know what to replace?111935111936

J,

That looks like a Hayward junction box.. It is used to connect electrical wires together... As an example the wires to the pool light would be connected inside the box so that it can get electrical power from the light switch, etc...

It should not be leaking water.. It should be about 3 feet above the water level, so not sure how it would have water in it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks so much for the info. I believe that is exactly what is is. I previously thought that it was electrical conduit but I was surprised by so much water. The junction boxes sit at least 18" above the level of the pool. I think I must have hit it with the lawn more at some point and damaged the conduit. I read a little online and it says that it is normal for them to fill with water but junction box will be located higher. The loss of prime it seems is unrelated.

It's a light junction box. Shut off power to the lights at the breaker. Where is the water leaking from?

You're going to have to dig it up, but the light cord is in the conduit. So, that's going to make it difficult to fix.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.