What is this mystery part?

MiaOKC

Apr 15, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
Hi all, I use these 4' sections of hose to hook a manual vac head to my skimmer port (with a leaf catcher in between) as they came with my pool and have worked. I believe the sections of hose actually were from a suction cleaner of some sort, maybe a Kreepy Krawly, long since buried and gone, but whenever I need something with deeper cleaning than my polaris robot, I use the old manual vac and have replaced the 4' sections as needed when they wear out and break.

Anyway, this one section is always the leader section that I plug into the skimmer, as it has a "collar" on it that keeps the vac hose from getting sucked down into the skimmer plumbing. It's getting quite aged and now I need to replace it but I don't know what it's called to find the part online to purchase. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0555.JPG
    IMG_0555.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 90
Hi all, I use these 4' sections of hose to hook a manual vac head to my skimmer port (with a leaf catcher in between) as they came with my pool and have worked. I believe the sections of hose actually were from a suction cleaner of some sort, maybe a Kreepy Krawly, long since buried and gone, but whenever I need something with deeper cleaning than my polaris robot, I use the old manual vac and have replaced the 4' sections as needed when they wear out and break.

Anyway, this one section is always the leader section that I plug into the skimmer, as it has a "collar" on it that keeps the vac hose from getting sucked down into the skimmer plumbing. It's getting quite aged and now I need to replace it but I don't know what it's called to find the part online to purchase. Any ideas?

Another option might be this:

https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-AXV093CP-Skimmer-Replacement-Cleaners/dp/B004VTH60I

You can use any hose section (you might even be able to just cut the existing a little shorter), just feed it right into the cone then the cone right into the skimmer suction opening. Came with my Hayward Navigator from forever ago.

I think it is a weight that actually goes on the hose that connects to the suction vacuum device itself, not at the skimmer. other end. I had a barracuda at one time and that's where mine went.

Hey Mia! I'm no help being a Robot user, but I wanted to say hey, and its good to see you back! :wave:

You enjoying the pool in all of its reno glory still I hope? We have one of your fellow OKC peeps making a big showing on the forum this year, Crystal...of Paul & Crystal. Anyway, hope you get this sorted in short order, and that you have a great summer.

Thanks, everyone! Great options here. I will put these options to my head vacuum-er in charge (DH) and let him pick which will suit his needs best.

Hi Patrick! Hope you are well! We just got a new robot last week, went "naked" last year with just the manual vac last year after our old robot died, and it succccckeed, pun intended. Renovated pool is trucking along! I blew out my epoxied return repair (from the crappy reno PB of years back) using a PoolSkim two seasons ago. :( I loved my pool skim but my 40 year old pipes just can't handle the increase in pressure I guess. So now I have a return that needs repair and is leaking underground pretty substantially, but it will take replastering the hole and blasting out part of the stamped deck and repouring the colored concrete. So here I limp along until I decide to $$$$$ it. My two-year-old loves "swimming" and we just opened the pool last week, hoping the water warms enough to get in this week. I'll have to check out the other OKC build!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.