What is this hole?

Apr 28, 2018
Athens GA
Sorry for this obscure question but my wife and I bought a house with a pool this past December. We so far have figured out how to take care of an impeller problem, ammonia problem and (hopefully ? ) finishing up SLAM in the next few days/weeks thanks to this site. However, this random threaded hole is a mystery to us. Upon my wife finding a skink crawling out of it, she promptly wants it closed off if it possible. It is in the deep end above the water line and not near a skimmer. It is a bit larger than a return jet hole and it is threaded. It may be an obvious answer and I’m sorry if it is! Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• D954A659-04B7-44AE-BC79-42544FAD17BB.jpg
    D954A659-04B7-44AE-BC79-42544FAD17BB.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 83
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Given the location, I am going to guess it is an overflow port that will drain water off if it gets too high to a reasonable location, instead of up and behind the liner or all over the deck, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.