Mineral Wells, MS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
What is this? It has a wire running to the brains of my salt producer...

It's leaking...
Would this be the reason that I'm getting air into my filter? Seems I have to release air constantly...

Thanks! Sorry I don't know the terms for everything yet.

Attachments

• 20201003_133009.jpg
    20201003_133009.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 39
That is a water bonding device, it makes your pool water safe to swim in.. it should have some kind of O ring in it.. You should be able to take it of and lube the O ring to get it to stop leaking... I do not have and have not used that device so not exactly sure...

James to the rescue below :)

Last edited:
Slip x Slip Inline Anode #104-D

l_104d.jpg

Reactions: cowboycasey
0173-3.jpg

The black cap should unscrew. You don't need a zinc anode. It will just put zinc metal in the pool. There should be an O-ring that seals the cap. I don't know if the whole assembly unscrews from the T.

What part is leaking?

I think Casey's got it: the o-ring is leaking. If you zoom in, you can see water on the top of the anode housing flange. So that points to the o-ring, probably not the PVC plumbing joints.

leak.png

Here's how to care for the o-ring, or it might need replacing:

If you can find the right size, remove the entire thing and put a plug in the Tee.

It is not a bond. It is an anode. As James states, it just adds Zinc to the water. Any metal in pool water is not a good idea.

Gotcha, and agree about ditching the zinc. I had it in my head that some of those units are both bond and anode... like this one:

I suppose some are. If the surface equipment is properly bonded, I do not believe you need a water bond. Though many light niches achieve that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Agree. But maybe the OP needs to confirm that, before they disconnect that bonding wire... Who knows what the original installer had in mind when that was plumbed in...

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.