What is the minimum cya level recommended?

Catrn

Jun 11, 2018
Shrewsbury MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone. I stopped using those chlorine pucks and never had a problem
With algae since. Now I always need to add some stabilizer every year. My chlorine is at 15, but my CYA is at 1. I habe 10,000 gallons 20 foot ag pool. I don’t want the CYA to be too high or else I need more chlorine - what’s the sweet spot?

Thanks in advance!

That CYA 1 is not from your K-2006, is it? What about the FC?

Be careful to not bleach your line going too much above the SLAM level for your CYA.

30 ppm of you are chlorinating with liquid chlorine.

That CYA 1 is not from your K-2006, is it? What about the FC?

Be careful to not bleach your line going too much above the SLAM level for your CYA.
Thank you! I had to take it in to be tested my solutions for my 2006C were left out in the shed and need to order a new set.

You'll want to get the new kit with fresh reagents before you make any decisions about what to add to the pool. 30ppm of CYA is good, but trust your own kit over the store.

If it does show you have less than 30ppm when you get the test (since it doesn't really go below 30), just add 10ppm via sock method, test after 2-3 days, repeat as needed until your CYA shows up. Make sure the water comes up to room temperature before you test the CYA too, or it can show a wrong result. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.