What is the best underwater sealant for stainless.

Chuckiechan

Jun 10, 2014
Roseville, CA
The light can is a American Products, and is stainless steel.
Does anyone have a tried and true method of sealing where the cord comes in?
Hopefully, something easy to find at a good hardware/auto store.
Is JB Weld paste epoxy any good?

Thanks in advance.

I always thought that seal wasn't important as the (brass or PVC) conduit was considered a "wet" conduit. And there is supposed to be an approved pool light junction box installed above the water line (don't remember the exact height) between the light niche and the equipment pad.

I always thought that seal wasn't important as the (brass or PVC) conduit was considered a "wet" conduit. And there is supposed to be an approved pool light junction box installed above the water line (don't remember the exact height) between the light niche and the equipment pad.
The seal that leaks is in the underwater place where the cord goes through.

Ah, where the cord enters the actual light fixture.

I believe some have had various successes with electrical potting compound and/or underwater epoxy. Your results may vary. Maybe contact the light manufadturer and see what they suggest.

Ah, where the cord enters the actual light fixture.

I believe some have had various successes with electrical potting compound and/or underwater epoxy. Your results may vary. Maybe contact the light manufadturer and see what they suggest.
My aircraft mechanic buddy suggested Permatex RTV.
I sanded the area where the RTV would go, then acid washed it with muriatic acid, and then glued it. I’ll be installing Tuesday afternoon after tne 24hr cure time.
He suggested a “Plan B”:
PRC Desoto - PS-890 B2 Fuel Tank Sealant. 2.5Oz. (Aircraft)
This product is used to seal aircraft fuel tanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.