What is happening here?

MBoz

Jun 1, 2019
Northern Indiana
We just opened our pool after winter and vacuumed the pool to waste.

Yesterday, via help from the Pool Calculator, I added 4 gallons of 12.5% liquid chlorine while filtering, and tested after 15 minutes with results including FC=6ppm and CC=0.6. I was more or less testing for that “winter ammonia”, etc.

Overnight, I added 4 more gallons of 12.5% liquid chlorine, and this morning my FC=24 and CC=1.5ppm. Today, my pool is blue but cloudy. I see pockets of gray algae (hopefully dead and/dying).

I’m confused as to where I am!? By definition, am I slamming the pool? Where do I go from here?

Attachments

• 4DBD2651-2C66-4CFB-9091-B9C0510B6D00.jpeg
    4DBD2651-2C66-4CFB-9091-B9C0510B6D00.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: MBoz
Sounds like you should be doing the SLAM Process

The reason CC went up is because there was no UV sunlight to destroy it overnight. You've been creating it all along it just hasn't been sticking around to be tested.

Your pH is already there, so just keep brushing and vacuuming and replenish the FC to get it back to 16 every couple hours.

By definition, am I slamming the pool?
Yes you are and doing a really good job of it, as well.

Now pull out that SLAM article in Pool School and re-read every last word. You'll figure out where you are in the process and what to do to get finished up.

Great start.....ask lot's of questions and read that article again....particularly about brushing, vacuuming, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.