What I’m I doing wrong

kwall

Jun 7, 2015
belleville mi
Why can’t I get this algae to disappear, I have brush & vac but it just keeps coming back,
10:30 this morning #
12 fc
0cc
ta 120
ph 7.5
at 730 to night ,
11fc all other #the same and the water is crystal clear, I can’t figure out how to post pictures
40 cya

What is your CYA?

- - - Updated - - -

8DB7F983-F61C-498A-A404-16453839890A.jpg

Use circled button to post pics.

Yep, that looks like algae. We need to know your CYA, and you need to read through this:

SLAM

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, just saw you added your CYA.

- - - Updated - - -

If you look at the Chlorine/CYA chart, you’ll see that your SLAM target should be 16. So you need to dose your pool to 16 FC as often as you can, every two hours if possible. This is how to kill the algae. Then your filter will clear it from your water. Keep brushing and vacuuming, and don’t forget hidden spots like stairs.

Yep, keeping it at 16 as often as you can will make your SLAM go a lot quicker.

Are you sure you had your current and your target listed correctly in Pool Math? As well as the strength of the bleach?

The other thing that that could skew the Pool Math recommendations is if you have the wrong pool volume entered.

- - - Updated - - -

Or your starting FC. Did you test it just before you added the 69 ounces?

Just running some quick math, I would guess you miscounted your drops on one of the measurements. If you truly had 11 ppm and added 2 quarts and 5 ounces of 12.5% Cl, then ended up with 22 ppm you are only treating 6000 gallons of water. I assume your pool is full to the 48" mark. If it is roughly half full, your readings and dosing would make sense.

Did you give time for the addition to mix before taking the second reading? If you added the Cl in a low flow area and then tested immediately after, it may show a higher concentration if not allowed to mix first. I typically wait 30-40 minutes after adding bleach to test and pool math has been very close each time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Last night I waited a hr after adding to test at 10:30 this morning at 7:30 I have zero lost , still reading 22 fc and 0cc but the bottom is still the same , I did brush last night after adding chlorine, here a picture of the chlorine that I’m using. Maybe I not putting the right information in the pool math , I’m lost 4EE360D9-D2EE-444A-8744-1A3C4E66DA0D.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.