What does a new automation panel cost?

Apr 25, 2015
Pasadena, CA
I’m soooo tired of dealing with the low salt, chlorinator off messages, or the hi salt warnings I’ve gotten over the years. And I’ve spent way too much money on bleach and salt trying to compensate for the times my system isn’t working. What can i expect to pay for a whole new salt automation system panel? My system is probably 15 years old I’m guessing at least (though i did replace motherboard). Is the latest tech any more reliable, or is all salt water pool equipment just Crud in general? Reading all the problems folks are having with equipment here does not give me much hope.

is all salt water pool equipment just Crud in general? Reading all the problems folks are having with equipment here does not give me much hope.
thom,

Most people with saltwater pools never have any equipment problems. Most of the reported SWCG failures you see here on TFP are due to the pool owners not having a clue how a saltwater pool actually works. A SWCG is not magic, it just makes the amount of chlorine you tell it to make. It has no brain and the pool owner still has to routinely test their water quality and make the necessary adjusts to make the system work.

I am a Pentair kind of guy, but the Hayward SWCG system is one of the best on the market.

The Pentair system is really designed to be used with a Pentair automation system. While it can be used in the standalone set up, it is not something that I would normally recommend.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Newdude
Love love love my Intellicenter and ic40 combo - if you buy them both make sure you get the Intellicenter with the integrated power cell… it’s available for the IC 20/40/60 i believe….

Intellicenter i10ps with ic40 and 2 I Intellivalves is @3800 from a couple online sources (but you have to call to purchase as they are "tradegrade") venture to guess install labor would be 1500-2000 depending on area

I have a Hayward AquaPlus system that is 15 years old. Replaced the salt cell three times, and replaced the main board once. Still working great. Biggest issue is when the salt cell starts to go out. Several different things may happen: Won't maintain chlorine level, low salt reading etc. Luckily my local pool store has equipment to test the salt cell. No system is truly trouble free.

I have this system so far so good. I also use screenlogic for remote access about $700. Hardware is good but their apps are complete garbage at least on Android.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have this system so far so good. I also use screenlogic for remote access about $700. Hardware is good but their apps are complete garbage at least on Android.

While I would never suggest easytouch now that it is sunsetted, that seems like a great price. Instead of screenlogic, for ~1000 you could add the intellicenter i10ps upgrade plus 2 valve actuators and seemingly be way ahead of the game?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.