What do I need to know about a maintenance service?

kmmattson

Jul 6, 2020
Beaufort, SC
Hello, I have been maintaining our 375 gal spa and 5,750 gal above ground pool for several years using guidelines from troublefreepool.com. I’m very grateful for the accurate and helpful info here! We are not going to be residing full time at our home anymore and will need to find someone to maintain our pool and spa. I am extremely hesitant because I know they will use the traditional way and probably muck up all my hard work! But alas there is no other option as we will be renting the place out and the spa and pool are important amenities. What do I need to look for in a company? What can I do to set my spa up so that once a week service visits are enough to keep it clear, even with bathers using it? Is there any way I can more or less keep the pool how I normally do, using pool bleach, with just visits for vacuuming and filter maintenance from the company? Any guidance is appreciated!

My (limited) experience woth pool maintenance companies is that they did a good job keeping the water clear, but set things up to be very easy and inexpensive for them both in work and supplies, and without much regard for the longevity of the pool finish or equipment. My advice would be trust but verify (as much as you can when you’re there) and gently call them out when things are not right. The jerks will quit, the yes-men will fail, and the professionals will discuss any of your concerns and address them. They will sort themselves into the categories very quickly.

Also when selecting a service- look for one that actually tests you Water & gives u the results each time - there are apps services use for this. W/ swg’s they are mostly on the hook for ph control, maybe a little cya & cleaning the pool.

Reactions: SoDel
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.