What did you do to your pool today?

Today is Pool Opening Day (if you can call it that). I dont close my pool but I dont maintain all of the paramaeters over winter. Just the FC and I test the pH every now and then.

Today I netted out a bunch of these dang seeds that blow into the pool and sink fairly quickly.

I tested the water too. I have added 4 lbs of Baking Soda to raise the TA and have added 160 lbs of salt. Will be adding some CYA next, and enough liquid chlorine to do a "mini slam'. Not that I have indication that anything is wrong, but I have a few bottles of bleach that I havent used yet and have no real need to keep it for pool maintenance. So Im gonna do it.

Tomorrow I will be firing up my SWG! I am READY for sprintime and summer. Bring it on!

-Replaced a leaky hose line.
-Took cover off of filter housing and replaced filter (got it for $45 on eBay...$150 from stores).
-Received my skimmer socks and TF-100 test kit in the mail.
-Going to install a 12 hour spring timer for the pump in the next couple of days (due to having to prime the pump before running it, I can't install the typical on/off timer)
-Continued to watch the thin layer of ice melt over the nice clear water.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

So today was run full numbers (per my sunday usual) and I am pretty happy! Will pull of solar cover today in a bit to sweep and skim then put it back on.. I am super happy it is helping warm up the water!

Todays results

Temp: 70 degrees
FC: 8.5
CC: 0
PH: 7.5
TA: 110
CH: 450 (has always been that way)
CYA: 40

Now just waiting.... Impatiently lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Continued to watch the ice melt in anticipation of getting my clean on. Look at that clear water though! [emoji3]

7fe58b74799864f5d11ad210767765b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Saturday I checked out a newly opened Rural King store on our area. Got a leaf scooper for $3.99 and a new pool thermometer for $1.99. They also had 4 packs of 10% gal. Of chlorine for $10. but I didn't want to get it too early, as it will be a few more weeks until I can hook the pump up, due to freezing temps. (Though the pool is completely thawed. Will have to SLAM upon opening, I let it go in the fall.)

Today I used some water from the pool to fill the commode tank. They must be flushing the lines, and son had used it before we realized. See, there are many different benefits to having a pool that people don't realize!

Watched my pool temp go from 76 to 63 over the weekend :( I woke up yesterday to my waterfalls on - we weren't expecting a freeze - thankful for the freeze protection on my pumps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Drained most of the water off my cover couple weeks ago. I put the hose in the skimmer n turned it on a few hours here n there. I lose a lot of water due to dispersment of rain water on the pool cover forcing it out of the pool via return. Ill be taking cover off here very soon.

Water temp was at 55 so I removed the cover and opened the pool. Water was perfectly clear after six months, which allowed me to see the hundreds of worms and layer of fine dirt on the bottom of the pool. Pulled the plugs, primed pump and dumped anti-freeze from suction side to waste. Vacuumed the pool (used a leaf canister to catch all the worms) and added 5 gallons of bleach. Swept the pool the next day and will vacuum again later.

The next item is to test the heater and hope that it turns on.

Very surprised that the heater came on without any issues. This is the 2nd time in 6 years that the heater started up in the spring. Also had SLAM for 2 days and add about 17 lbs of CH.

Wow Rocco, you must have some super soft water. Wish I had some of it. :mrgreen:

i haven't tested my city water for CH in a long time so I am not sure what the numbers are. However I have not had to put water in the pool for several years now due to the amount of snow and rain we get throughout winter and the amount of rain we get through out the spring and summer months, sorry to all our members going through droughts.

I just started work on a new patio cover for my equipment pad. My pad is positioned on the west side of my backyard shed where it gets a brutal beating from the sun. I had a temporary sun screen fabric over it last year, but now I'm going to give it something a little nicer and more permanent. As for the pool, I gave her some bleach today - about 1.2 gallon. She's on a diet. :)

Oh happy day! New equipment pad done, everything lubed and hooked up, and filling the last 4-5 inches of water as we speak. :sun:

It is still entirely too early to think of swimming but I do love looking at the uncovered, crystal clear water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support