What did you do to your pool today?

The next 2 weeks are going to be hard BUT it must be done! Glad to hear about the hard cast. That will help a lot!

When he goes to PT try to go with him. I went and wrote down everything they did with him. We then did it a home on our own. No co-pays that way! LOL He was at least 2 weeks ahead each time we went to the doc.

Kim

We just put our 22ft Intex pool up last week. We were required to have a permit and have it inspected. The inspector advised us that we would need an electrical outlet for the pumps (Intex pump and Salt Water Generator). Since our pool is about 30 feet from our outside outlet. Instead of running a new electrical line, we moved the pump. We converted the Intex pool pump hoses to PVC, buried the lines and tucked the pool pump and SW generator very neatly next to our deck. I love this new set up!
IMG_4233.jpgIMG_4232.jpg

Nicely done on the relocation and hard plumbing of the pump. I'm sure there is more head loss now with the additional length of pipe but with your setup it'd be easy to upgrade pumps and filters in the future if it proves problematic.

Does the whole church come over for a swim on Sundays? :p

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Few days in a row of over 100deg.
Pool chewing down more Chlorine due to that.
Had to schedule the waterfall to come on @ 3am for a few hours to drop the temp a little.
Meant I had to dose with a little MA to counteract pH creep.

Stilll got a 1/2hr swimming against the swim jets this evening, so life is good.

Checked FC and added bleach. Threatened kids with the belt if they keep peeing in the pool. Listened to kids whining to wife that "Dad is mean." Heard wife laughing because she knows they will pee in pool again tomorrow in spite of my threats.

:laughblue: That really made me chuckle.... And up goes the bleach bill :joker:

The wife asks me why we don't use our well water to top off the pool. Maybe I should get some and test it some time, but I like the convenience and consistency of municipal water.

Wise choice. Check that for metals before you ever do. That's a nightmare you don't want to live.

Been adding loads of bleach. Quick slam I hope. Brushed twice today. I'm still a greenhorn I guess!

Hang in there man, it will turn for you. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's hysterical!

Checked FC and added bleach. Threatened kids with the belt if they keep peeing in the pool. Listened to kids whining to wife that "Dad is mean." Heard wife laughing because she knows they will pee in pool again tomorrow in spite of my threats.

- - - Updated - - -

I removed the cell and copper thing in the SWG to clean the calcium off of it, put it together to discover the filter (that we just changed 3-4 days ago) was nasty (had no flow) BUT now the SWG is reading a high salt level like it's supposed to. About to go run and get some ice cream for lunch then come back and play in the pool. :) I'd say "swim", but realistically, it's only deep enough for my to do a tight doggy-paddle or float on my back...didn't want to drown the 10 year old shorty who can't swim yet! LOL!

+1 on wifi, a tab and sitting in the pool. A cloud just blew over the sun. It's 94 with a light wind and a tad chilly. Water temp 88, maybe 89 by now, but I'm not getting out to check! Oh, I did brush the pool earlier. I'm here all weekend folks!

:paddle:

Cut grass then jumped in the pool to cool off. While I was in I decided to remove my light. WOW cleaned the algae.....never did this before....this is my 2nd year with the pool so I'm guessing I'll clean behind the light every spring once the pool is balanced

dave

Woody... Will you please come vac my pool? I don't feel well enough to do it. Maybe bring Patrick n we can have a nice cold drink while we watch you. :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support