What did you do to your pool today?

I have been eyeballing that big joe lounger every time I go to Sam’s 👀
It does look comfy- my luck a mouse would eat it over the winter.
I’m mad because Big Joe had it cheaper than Pinch a Penny, but I did have a coupon so I didn’t pay too much more

Reactions: Mdragger88
Adding another pound of CYA. Pool temp is 90 today - perfect. Will get in and melt down one more bag of salt today. Just in time for a tropical storm this week!

Flipper is such a hard worker.
IMG_4066.jpeg

I had to add more salt after doing a partial drain for a warranty repair through Explore Technologies. They finally sent a tech out to fix my Imagine Illusion Storm Grey pool. I had a major blemish upon receiving the pool in Oct of 2021. I have learned that Storm Grey is very difficult to color match. The repair is top notch! You can't even tell it was patched! It's always going to be rough but visually, it's so very pleasing and I'm so happy! I was told I have the clearest and cleanest pool he's seen all summer! :mrgreen:

Screenshot_20230827_073317_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230827_073327_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230827_073353_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230827_073426_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230827_073443_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230827_073451_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230827_073239_Gallery.jpg

I had to add more salt after doing a partial drain for a warranty repair through Explore Technologies. They finally sent a tech out to fix my Imagine Illusion Storm Grey pool. I had a major blemish upon receiving the pool in Oct of 2021. I have learned that Storm Grey is very difficult to color match. The repair is top notch! You can't even tell it was patched! It's always going to be rough but visually, it's so very pleasing and I'm so happy! I was told I have the clearest and cleanest pool he's seen all summer! :mrgreen:

View attachment 525395View attachment 525396View attachment 525397View attachment 525398View attachment 525399View attachment 525400View attachment 525394

I'm guessing the 2 pictures showing the white in the corner is how it showed up, with the blemish?

If you hadn't sent the photos of the repaired spot, dry... I would never be able to tell you it was patched. They did a great job!

--Jeff

• Love
Reactions: Casey
I'm guessing the 2 pictures showing the white in the corner is how it showed up, with the blemish?

If you hadn't sent the photos of the repaired spot, dry... I would never be able to tell you it was patched. They did a great job!

--Jeff
The pics didn't load right but the big white spot was the blemish. He scoured it down to the little white spot. Put the color patch on and then a green based sealant. He said let it dry n fill it up n the green based sealant would dissolve. You really can't tell. I called him n told him he nailed it n how happy I was! Thank you!

We had our last sunset after 8pm a day or so ago! I can tell with the pool temp that the days are getting shorter, as well. Two solid days of sun would have had my pool at 95 or 96, a month or so ago!

IMG_4069.jpeg

I've been swimming in the evenings! We had a mini-Indian-Summer this last week, so my solar panels eked out a couple of 80° pool days. But that might have been it for this year, as it's looking to cool off now. I took down the shade sail yesterday, kinda a sad event for me each year, as it's my way of admitting the swim season is over.

But here's to next season and brighter days!

PS. Can you still say "Indian summer?"

I wanted to go into the pool today. Air temp 89*, water temp was 79*. Unfortunately for me, better half wanted a ceiling fan installed in her craft room. You all can imagine what I ended up doing. I never opened the auto cover, so maybe tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats and Dirk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My wife and I decided to swim every day for as long as we can stand it. 62F today. Water absolutely TFP crystal clear except a leaf now and then. Trees are starting to shed in earnest. We're open all winter. Last Christmas there was a skim of ice one morning after a couple of 8F nights. So we have 30 degrees to go.

• Love
Reactions: Dirk and HermanTX
I'm in hold mode till we close end of month. It's over time to get the snow blower out and pack it all up. I'm assuming 100's of inches of snow this year since it rained ever day since may here it seems.

I'm in hold mode till we close end of month. It's over time to get the snow blower out and pack it all up. I'm assuming 100's of inches of snow this year since it rained ever day since may here it seems.

Highly unlikely since I just bought the below. :ROFLMAO: :cry: My neighbor is retiring to Florida and sold it to me for a great price.

IMG-20230927-WA0000 (1).jpeg

Pool is at 60, soft closing over next few days and putting everything away
Will not close completely till end of Oct first on nov
We have not had our Indian summer yet
We're leaving for MX at the end of the month. She wants it closed but I would like to wait till we get back. Maybe just one more time. Last year I started closing it myself, so it's no Biggy to wait.

We're leaving for MX at the end of the month. She wants it closed but I would like to wait till we get back. Maybe just one more time. Last year I started closing it myself, so it's no Biggy to wait.
As long as the pump runs should not be a problem
I have closed as late as end of Nov
I put my mesh cover on and water temp shot back to 60/62 so thinking I will not hard close for another 2-4 weeks min

I tried to get vids of the new and improved FIRE sparkles this morning but they were blinding the camera too much. I did get a couple of pics tho.

Screenshot_20231014_092338_Gallery.jpg

20231014_065330.jpg

The camera didn't do the wide angle justice. This was the sky color and it made wild sparkles in the pool.

20231014_065421.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support