What did you do to your pool today?

I store my CYA outside, hot or cold, so I haven't wanted more than about 7 lbs at a time, which is more than I use in a year. Do we know what the shelf life is? 25 lbs might last me three or four years.

I store my CYA outside, hot or cold, so I haven't wanted more than about 7 lbs at a time, which is more than I use in a year. Do we know what the shelf life is? 25 lbs might last me three or four years.
You gotta get you a she shed - i mean.. man shed for your pool stuff 🤣

Reactions: Newdude
Just got back from a week in Delaware / Pennsylvania on Friday. Pool was a wreck- apparently, there was a lot of wind while I was gone. Spent Sunday getting everything back into shape. Water temp is 58°, so too cold for me. Ready for summer.

IMG_1233.jpg

This is my setup, I don't want it any bigger:

View attachment 473155
I keep quite a bit of stuff in my coffin (giant deck box) & it all fares very well.
I usually keep the cya in there because I have been buying small bags - on Amazon there’s options for multiple smaller bags of the puritech as well. I’ve not experienced an issue with it clumping or anything so it would probably be fine long term with your set up. Dry is what matters for that really.

Reactions: Dirk
Re-centered the pillow under my solid cover, tightened the rope around it (we have been having some crazy winds lately!), pumped water off the cover. Fun fun. Not.

Oh, and I took a peep under the cover since the water is no longer frozen. It looks good from what I can see haha! Is it April yet?! 😩😂EB810827-EF2E-49A6-8DEE-3B07BA39AD73.jpegF34961CC-A4D9-4E36-A042-B1FB38DF98AD.jpegE7221C15-3219-4BA1-A89A-96488B809097.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: thefloatqueen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am Jealous! Wish it were pool time here! Still at least a month to go here 😩
High temp today is 78, current pool temp is 77. Solar cover (i.e., bubble wrap) is on. On track for swimming tomorrow!

It was 27° here last night. Pool is at 49°... I can't even turn my SWG on yet, let alone put a toe in!!
Brrr. I remember back in my early days as a software engineer, I went to a job fair. Someone from the frozen north was talking up their company, and I had to laugh. I told them I wasn't worth the amount of money it would take to get me to move there.
I visit the north sometimes. Snow is pretty to look at and fun to ski in. Live and work there? Not for me. I hope the groundhog was wrong, and your winter ends soon.

Reactions: Dirk
I lived in Pittsburgh for 10 years after growing up in Georgia. For many reasons - but much of it being weather related - I will never live up north again. I think even DFW winters have been too cold for me the last few years. When my company was closing our PGH office and gave us a choice of where to go, Texas was absolutely on the short list. You'd have to pay me 3-4x what I get now before I'd even consider moving back to that latitude.

Haven't done much to the pool lately outside of keeping the water looking good. Still currently hemming and hawwing over a VSP and SWCG. It wouldn't normally be a question, but I've got so many big ticket items the house could use, and the missus really wants a Speed Queen frontloader set. I also need to replace the high limit switches in the heater; despite everything I've done, it'll still trip the HL2 switch if the heater runs for more than ~20 minutes.

and the missus really wants a Speed Queen frontloader set
Keep the talent happy!

I will never live up north again.
I'm with ya, but I can't help but wonder about the weather patterns we're currently experiencing. We pretty much, uh, "acquired" the best real estate on the planet, and that more than anything propelled us into superpowerhood. But the way things are going, perhaps in not too many years it'll be Canada that will be sitting on the prime dirt, and we and everybody else will be begging for citizenship when south of there turns into desert. Never say never... ay.

CARTOON: On the way to Alaska - Vancouver Is Awesome

Reactions: dfwnoob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support