What did you do to your pool today?

Had the afternoon off and decided I got tired of having to lug my laptop outside and take the front panel off the Aqualink box to plug in my cable to tweak/mess with the VSP settings. Now I don't even have to put on pants to work around Jandy's inability to make their hardware work in an intelligent and cohesive way.

IMG_6865.JPG
IMG_6872.JPG

Problem solved. Fortunately, once I get things dialed in with the VSP there's really nothing I can't do from the all-button controller so I'll rarely need to use this, but it's nice to have!

Problem solved. Fortunately, once I get things dialed in with the VSP there's really nothing I can't do from the all-button controller so I'll rarely need to use this, but it's nice to have!
If it ain't broke, fix it, I always say!

funny-illustration-of-old-man-cartoon-character-old-master-goes-to-repair-funny-illustration-o...jpg

All I’ve been doing is pumping water off my cover. The pillow didn’t last through Feb. another month an a half about until opening time.
Whats the water temp? Let that be your opening guide, not an arbitrary day on the calendar. You want to open before the water temp rises above 60 degrees. I can normally plan this by looking at the extended forecast.

Reactions: Decoy205
Whats the water temp? Let that be your opening guide, not an arbitrary day on the calendar. You want to open before the water temp rises above 60 degrees. I can normally plan this by looking at the extended forecast.
The outdoor temp hasn’t risen above 60 really until this week and still I the 30s at night. I I’ll keep an eye on the water temp though valid point. Around here seems like late April early May is opening time.

Started adding salt to feed the new RJ45 SWG.
Woo. Ours hit 61 this weekend. (Was open all winter.) Just added 2 bags. Probably one more later this week, then fire it up. Enjoy that SWG easy livin'!

Broke out the robot cleaner now that the water temps are warming up. De-winterized the water features. Added acid and chlorine and salt. Wish the stupid water temps would get a little higher so the salt cell would start generating! It thinks it's low. There's 3400ppm in there and it is registering 2550ppm

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Spent the week upping the salt and CYA, ready for SWG start on Monday! We had so much rain this year that both had dropped. And my water exchange last fall (plus the rain) has left my CH at a perfect 325. Ready for 2023, just waiting on the sun. Pool temp is 58°.

Filling her the rest of the way up today. May get her running by tonight. Got all my plumbing in yesterday morning before the storms rolled in so we’ll see if there’s any leaks soon. After circulating a bit I will get an accurate salt sample. I checked it yesterday morning & I’m 800ppm shy so we’ll see. I think I have decided to give a skimmer winterizing plate a try next time instead of all this draining & refilling stuff diluting my chems. Especially since the wall incident.

Just a reminder to all, regarding Spring chem adjustment chores. Sneak up on those levels. I thought I had, and put in about 70% of the CYA I needed, and now I'm over. I should have done 50% of what I thought I needed, and I'd be dead on right now. Take those few extra days to sneak up on your salt and CYA levels.

Finally turned everything on last night & ran it till 11pm. Been running now since 7am. Had 2 tiny drips from hose connections that were remedied with the turn of a nut driver. Got everything tested & looks like I actually do need about 5 bags of salt. May order some boric acid since I didn’t replenish it last year. Water temp is 59 degrees so after the salt tomorrow I’ll be seeing if my little wall hanger swg is still kicking around Tuesday. I slapped my hand after seeing another one for sale on Ebay - it’s unexpectedly been quite a little work horse. Keeping the cover on until all the dangly things & pods let up a bit.

Reactions: needsajet and Dirk
After running pump for 2 days tested water
FC 1
CC1
Ch 225
TA 40
PH 7.2
Salt 1800
CYA 40

Best CYA reading I have ever had at opening.
Added 6 inches of water (had drained 18 inches at closing).
Brushed walls, running robot, and started slamming (hopefully a very quick slam)
After slam will adjust rest of chemicals as needed.
Water was 53 on Sunday, Today only 46/48

Completed my overnight chlorine gain test (sorta) solid cover on the whole time.
Sample taken yesterday afternoon before swg came on —> 9.5ppm
Swg ran for approximately 7 hours
Sample this morning after mixing for a couple hours —> 11.5ppm.
Gain of 2ppm in 7 hours - looks like my little wall hanger can do 1.55 lbs/day!
Let’s hope its not just because it’s the thing’s last hurrah!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support