What did you do to your pool today?

It was a beautiful day in Houston area. Tested the pool water, purchased some liquid chlorine & a new skimmer basket, brushed the pool sides, swam and drank a margarita. Very productive!

Reactions: kimkats
Dave, I hear you. I have been rebuilding my robot named "Harvey Wallbanger", but soon I will need a new one. Right now I am manually vacuuming.
My wife usually doesn't let me post pictures of her, but she likes this one. My motto is "A litre a day keeps the Algae Away"
Bev in warm pool.jpg

Reactions: Divin Dave
Completed an Over Night Chlorine Loss test (passed, 6.5 both tests). Added 1/2 gallon of 10%, and ran the robot. My pool has never looked this good at this point in the swimming season, I'm usually fighting algae by this time (I always assumed it was due to high pool temps, now I know it was high CYA levels) my CYA is 40 and has not been over 50 all season. This was my first year following the TFP methods. Thank you for getting me on a better pool maintenance regiment.

• Love

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Beautiful pic!

I resumed my SLAM, now that I have two free minutes and no rain (at the moment).

I hurt my knee a few days ago and then the weather cooled off. I Instructed my BH to pour in a litre of chlorinating liquid 3 days ago.
I tested 2 days ago yesterday and I was good. Yesterday I skipped adding and today I was sure I would need to dose but I had only lost 0.5 FC.

WOW TFP is great when you get everything balanced.

Added some water and a little muratic acid and enjoyed water temp of 77. Thunderstorms are about to roll in and winds are picking up, so I’m currently fighting a losing battle of falling cedar elm leaves. I suspect I’ll spend some time tomorrow doing cleanup. Well worth it though!

Dumped out a lot of water last night. Took down kiddie fence (next Pookie visit is in three weeks) and de-kiddified (put away toys, etc.) Replaced skimmer hairnet. Running robot. Going to drain some more today, then do a full test. Pool is looking pretty good for having had a lot of action and a lot of rain.

Reactions: bmoreswim
Vacummed, tested water, installed a solar cover, bought a solar cover reel (which will get here just in time install, roll up, remove and start to close the pool unless we get a run of really warm weather....hahaha)....good times. :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support